Making the most of your time at an event is so important for college coaches! With EventBeacon, you can get ahead of the game. Build a strategic recruiting schedule for you + the other coaches at your program prior to the event. By the time you are on site, you'll know exactly where to be and which student-athletes to look for.
Using the Game Assignment feature in the EventBeacon app, college coaches can:
- Build your own recruiting schedule
- Build your program's recruiting schedule
- Keep track of which games a coach or program wanted to watch
- Edit, maintain, and view a coach's schedule
Building Your Recruiting Schedules for an Event
Each game card will now have a calendar icon on the top righthand corner. Clicking on the icon will take you to your game assignment options.
To create a game assignment:
- Click on the teal calendar icon in the righthand corner of the desired game card.
- Select all coaches you would like to assign to the game.
- Click “Save Assignment” to save changes.
- If a coach is already assigned to another game that shares the same time slot, the user will receive a warning and 3 options.
- If you do not wish to make changes after opening the schedule assignment modal, you can X-out of the screen via the upper right of the screen.
- Once saved, you will be able to see the initials of all assigned coaches as icons in the top right corner (replacing the calendar icon).
Updating or Deleting a Game Assignment
To update or remove games from a coach's schedule:
Tap on the initials of the coach(es) assigned to the game to reopen the game assignment modal.
Select and/or de-select coaches from the list as desired.
Click “Save Assignment” to save any changes.
If there is a schedule conflict for any of the selected coaches, they will reach the schedule assignment modal with 3 options.
If you do not wish to make changes after opening the schedule assignment modal, you can X-out of the screen via the upper right of the screen.
Once saved, the initials icons will reflect the changes made.
Filtering the Game Schedule
Filter the game schedule within an event to easily find your own schedule, or the schedule for other coaches at your program.
- Filter by “Games assigned to Me”: Shows only games assigned to the user.
- Filter by “Games assigned to My Program”: Shows only games assigned to other coaches in the user’s program, excluding themselves.
- Filter by “Games assigned to Me” + “Games assigned to My Program”: Shows any and all games with an assignment to any staff in the user’s program, including themselves.
Questions About Game Assignment
What happens when a coach is scheduled to attend more than one game at the same time?
If a coach is selected for a conflicting games, they have 3 options:
- Re-assign to this game only: removes any existing game assignments, and keeps only the current one for that coach.
- Assign to this game addition: assigns the current game in addition to any existing game assignments for that coach.
- Keep existing assignment only: does not add any additional assignments, only keeps any existing game assignments for that coach.
How does this feature work if a coach is using the EventBeacon app in offline mode?
Coaches will not be able to make edits to game assignment without an internet connection / while offline.
If you try to access the game assignment feature while offline, you will reach a greyed screen without the ability to click anything and a warning.
Coaches will still be able to view existing game assignments while offline. For more information about recruiting in offline mode click here.
Why can’t I make/edit game assignments while offline?
While offline, you won’t be able to make any changes to game assignments, but you will still be able to view and keep track of your game assignments [from your latest sync].
This is because when offline activity is created on EventBeacon, the changes won’t be synched until the user’s next online connection. To preserve the cleanest version of data possible, and to avoid confusion with multiple coaches editing game assignments offline (thereby having them all sync the next time coaches have an internet connection), users can only make changes to game assignments with an internet connection.
Will my entire coaching staff be available to me when making game assignments?
Yes, all coaches listed under your program with a SportsRecruits/EventBeacon account will be accessible to view and assign games to.
If any of the coaches in your program do not appear in your game assignment feature reach out to our support team to get them set-up with accounts.
EventBeacon provides a superior event experience for both coaches and event administrators alike, while also empowering student-athletes to take control of their recruiting experience. With access to all relevant student-athlete recruiting information in the app, coaches are able to efficiently and effectively evaluate players on-site. Similarly, event administrators are able to utilize the software to generate a coaches book in seconds, while also being able to make any roster or event changes immediately visible to coaches. The more efficient the coach’s experience, the more exposure for athletes, and the more exposure for athletes, the more successful an event. Available in theapp store today!
Download in the Google Play Store
Download in the Apple App Store