The EventBeacon Rostering Tool (EBRT) allows event directors to collect player data & roster information from each team registered to attend an event. Simply import the list of teams attending. We'll generate a unique link, custom to your event, that you can share with each team attending. Their coach, director, or manager can easily submit the team's entire player roster so that it is included in the coaches books & EventBeacon App.
How to Setup the Rostering Tool:
- From the event listings page, locate the event.
- Click into the event.
- Navigate to the Teams Tab and import your list of teams.
- Once you've imported at least one team, you'll be able to click the "Copy Team Rostering Link" button at the top of the screen.
- Your event-specific rostering link will then be copied to your clipboard.
Example Link: https://roster.eventbeacon.com/roster/kBFUj1O0iRdxisbECRsCoA
How do teams submit their roster?
As the event organizer, it is up to you to share the Team Rostering Link with each of the teams attending your event. Upon navigating to the link, team coaches will be able to submit their roster. There are 2 ways for a team to submit their roster:
- If the team is part of an integrated organization on SportsRecruits, the coach can simply login to their SportsRecruits profile and select an existing team roster to be used for this particular event. They can add or remove individual players to customize the roster to this event.
Rostering Your Team for An EventBeacon Event: Integrated Organizations
- If the team is not part of an integrated organization on SportsRecruits, the team coach will be prompted to upload a CSV roster including the following information about each athlete on their team:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Grad Year
- Jersey Number
Rostering Your Team for An EventBeacon Event: Non-Integrated Organizations
How can I keep track of which teams have submitted their roster?
Navigate to the Teams tab on any given event in the Admin System. The 2nd column of this tab indicates the # of Athletes that exist for each team. Any teams that have yet to submit a roster would have a 0 in this column.
What happens after a team submits their roster?
After a coach submits their team roster, the athletes’ information is immediately displayed in the EventBeacon App for college coaches. This information will automatically be included when an event organizer generates a paper book as well.
Upon roster submission, we create a SportsRecruits profile for each athlete included on the roster. If any athletes already have pre-existing SportsRecruits profiles, we will simply link their existing profile to the event rosters. For athletes who do not yet have a SportsRecruits profile, a free one will be created for them!
We then send an email to all student-athletes attending the event with detailed instructions to fill out their profile so that their information can be provided to college coaches at the event. Any information they include on their profile will be accessible to the college coaches in attendance via the EventBeacon app.
Please sign in to leave a comment.