The EventBeacon Rostering Tool allows teams and athletes to roster for an event. Once an athlete registered for an event, they will show up in the event admin system and on EventBeacon. Event Administrators, club coaches, and athletes are provided with a streamlined, hassle-free way to roster for events that are partnered with EventBeacon.
The “Team Registration” tab is the main landing page when you click into your event registration link. From here, you will be able to either import your team(s) from SportsRecruits or upload a roster CSV file, depending on whether you are a SportsRecruits member. Once uploaded, you will have full control over any changes to player information, which will be immediately visible to coaches through the EventBeacon app.
Rostering Your Team for an Event
- To roster your team for an upcoming event, download this CSV template file to create a comprehensive list of your athletes. See below for what information is required.
- Upload the completed CSV file, and match your columns with the tables and review errors if necessary. Continue re-uploading your roster by hitting the back arrow until no errors remain. Once there are no errors remaining, click ‘Continue’ to navigate to the next step.
- Once there are no errors remaining, click ‘Continue’ to navigate to the next step.
- At this point, you will be able to edit an athlete’s information (name, email, year, jersey, and position). Click the edit and dropdown icons to make these changes.
- To edit an athlete’s information (name, email, year, jersey, and position), click the edit and dropdown icons to make these changes.
- To remove athletes from the roster, click on the trash can icon on the right hand side of that player’s information line.
- Once you have imported all desired athletes and made any necessary edits, review the roster once more and click the “Submit Roster” button to finalize your roster.
- You will then be prompted to review your roster one final time, as you will not be able to edit this after submitting.
- When you are ready, hit the “Submit Roster” button again to submit.
The following information is required for each athlete on your roster and needs to be included on your CSV:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Grad Year
- Jersey Number
The following information is optional for each athlete on your roster:
- Guardian 1 Email Address
- Guardian 2 Email Address
Accepted Position Formats (Soccer):
Accepted Position Formats (Lacrosse):
Coaches Books and Athlete Lists
Creating a coaches book, in addition to being incredibly time consuming when done manually, is often outdated soon after (or even before) an event starts, as roster/location/scheduling changes are common. With EventBeacon, all athlete information is pulled from players’ SportsRecruits profiles and verified by us to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date. This means that players are able to edit the information on their profile as many times as they’d like before an event, and these changes will be updated and reflected in the coaches book in real time.
If you have any issues rostering your team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we would be happy to help you!
EventBeacon provides a superior event experience for both coaches and event administrators alike, while empowering student-athletes to take control of their recruiting experience. With access to all relevant student-athlete recruiting information in the app, coaches are able to efficiently and effectively evaluate players on-site. Similarly, event administrators are able to utilize the software to generate a coaches book in seconds, while also being able to make any roster or event changes immediately visible to coaches. The more efficient the coach’s experience, the more exposure for athletes, and the more exposure for athletes, the more successful an event. Available in the app store today!