The EventBeacon Athletes Tab allows Event Administrators to import, organize and manage rosters for their events. After the initial import, athlete information can be updated or changed as needed. This article will detail how to import your rosters to the EventBeacon admin system in the most efficient way.
Importing Your Roster
Once you have gathered the following required information for each athlete participating in your event, you are able to upload all athlete data via a CSV. We encourage you to include as much information as possible for each athlete beyond the required fields.
Athlete First Name
Athlete Last Name
Steps to Importing Your Roster
- Navigate to the empty athletes tab
- Download the CSV onto your device, this can be found within the tab or here.
- Fill out all athlete data
- Be sure to leave the ID column blank
- Once you have your CSV filled out you can choose the "Upload Athletes" option and select your import file.
- Fix any critical Format Errors (marked in red), you must correct those in the CSV and click “Re-upload CSV” in the top righthand corner.
- From there make sure to match up your column headings with our correct table headings and click “Continue”
- Match each unique team with the existing teams of the event or create as new teams and click “Continue."
- Once all information has been matched up and missing athlete information is filled in and corrected you choose to "Import Roster" and click "Finish Import."
- Reminder: You will be able to edit the athletes team, jersey number, and position after the initial upload. Any other athlete information included in the CSV such as the athletes name, email, and grad year cannot be edited after the initial upload. This information is used to fill out the athlete's SportsRecruits profile. Please make sure to check and verify all athlete information before submitting your roster.
- A progress bar will appear in the Athlete's tab of the Admin System. Once the import is complete, an import summary will automatically be added to the “Exports” tab of your EventBeacon Admin System Account. This import summary is yours to download and store.
While your import is processing, you may navigate to other tabs of the admin system and continue setting up the event without disrupting the import. However, you cannot close your browser’s tab of navigate to a different URL - this sill interrupt the import.
After the initial upload you are able to import additional athletes, update athlete information, and remove athletes as needed. More detailed information on these can be found here (link athletes tab article).
EventBeacon provides a superior event experience for both coaches and event administrators alike, while empowering student-athletes to take control of their recruiting experience. With access to all relevant student-athlete recruiting information in the app, coaches are able to efficiently and effectively evaluate players on-site. Similarly, event administrators are able to utilize the software to generate a coaches book in seconds, while also being able to make any roster or event changes immediately visible to coaches. The more efficient the coach’s experience, the more exposure for athletes, and the more exposure for athletes, the more successful an event.